As the plane took off from Gatwick, Mr and Mrs Malloy sat back with a sign of pleasure.
They had thought they had 56 been able to get away on this holiday, their first holiday alone, without the 57 , since their honeymoon. They had had to ask Mrs Malloy’s mother to look after Freddic and George, their 58 , while a neighbour had agreed to 59 Annabelle, their cat, for their two-week holiday. 60 there had been the problem of taking their leave from work at the 61 time, all the trouble of getting their 62 and make sure the 63 was clear what Annabelle liked to eat. 64 they had wondered whether it was all worthwhile. But they were 65 on a plane heading for Spain.
Mrs Malloy was still a bit 66 about the thought of eating strange 67 food, and had some real English tea and tins in her bag 68 Mr Malloy wondered whether the few Spanish phrases he had 69 in six weeks of evening classes would be 70 to talk to the natives, and anxiously 71 his bilingual (双语的) phrase book.
Now everything was sure to be all right, 72 they had read quite a few stories about the troubles people 73 abroad. They were quite sure troubles wouldn’t 74 them. They just had to sit back and look forward to the good time in 75 .
56. A. never B. also C. always D. fairly
57. A. friends B. parents C. servants D. family
58. A. students B. children C. daughters D. uncles
59. A. teach B. punish C. treat D. take care of
60. A. First B. Then C. But D. So
61. A. right B. very C. same D. last
62. A. aunt B. grandmother C. father D. nurse
63. A. children B. neighbour C. cat D. parents
64. A. Sometimes B. Seldom C. Little D. Though
65. A. actually B. in fact C. at last D. no wonder
66. A. worried B. pleased C. afraid D. satisfied
67. A. old B. freezing C. own D. foreign
68. A. while B. when C. which D.
69. A. taught B. shown C. learned D. tested
70. A. necessary B. important C. valuable D. enough
71. A. looked at B. looked through C. looked for D. looked around
72. A. though B. as C. since D. as if
73. A. had kept B. had lost C. had bought D. had got into
74. A. praise B. happen to C. enjoy D. appreciate
75. A. England B. Spain C. Gatwick D. honeymoon
56~60 ADBDB 61~65 CBBAC 66~70 ADACD 71~75 BADBB